3 Reasons Why You Should Try Video MarketingAt Golden State, we wanted to add video to our marketing strategy, but we were afraid. We knew it was a great way to tell our story, yet we wondered:
- Do we have enough resources to create and use video content?
- How the heck do we actually produce a video?
Dan Harris, one of the owners of Bella+Canvas once told our co-founder Laurie Prestine, "Video is easy. Use your phone and tell your story." We took his advice at the 2018 ISS trade show and had a blast. Our customers and vendors loved it too.
Here's three reasons why we think you should try video in 2018:
- Videos Promote Sales
Creating a video can you earn you some cash. The stats about sales conversation rates and video are easily found. Pictures speak a thousand words and the experts say videos boost sales.
- Video Builds Trust
The number one reason people buy from your company is you. Showing who you are can be difficult with catalogs and websites. 40 seconds of thoughtful content will help you engage and ignite a powerful response with your customers.
- Video is Easier Than You Think
We grabbed our phones, visited our vendors and interviewed our customers. We used Adobe Premiere Pro to make our video. Our creative director, Garvin Soutar from Realpixel, said, "I had no idea how to edit video, but I do now." Here are a few tips from Garvin:
- If you shoot on your phone, shoot in landscape mode (horizontal). It looks better when you upload to social media.
- Shoot more content than you think you need.
- If you have any audio, an external mic would be nice.
- Don't use your zoom, it makes the images blurry.